We finally left Hartlepool this morning & motor sailed up the coast a short way to Seaham, I would have preferred to just sail but it was a case of 2kts under sail alone or 5kts with the engine assisting, Suze didn't want to miss the tidal gate & stay out until 9pm for the next opening so that was the decider. Once she's not so nervous about things I'm sure it will be different.

We're thinking of staying here for a while & day sailing some more with a few nights away at anchor until Suze is happier with everything. It seems a nice spot at the minute so I'm quite happy with that for now.


Leaving the rain in Hartlepool


A small obstacle in the entrance to Seaham